For Life, Reconciliation and Reconstruction of Territories
HUMANICEMOS DH is a Civil Organization of Humanitarian Demining – COHD – created within the framework of the Peace Agreement between the Colombian government and the FARC-EP. The organization fosters life and environmental sustainability.
It also develops other components of the Integral Action Against Antipersonnel Mines – AICMA – for the benefit of the communities and the development of economic and social activities in the territories. HUMANICEMOS DH is composed of people in the process of economic and social reincorporation, who know the living conditions of the communities and their environment.
The organization is active in the Republic of Colombia. HUMANICEMOS DH is an COHD with international projection, which reflects and represents friendship and solidarity among peoples.
HUMANICEMOS DH is a structured and autonomous Humanitarian Demining organization; consolidated in its administrative and operational capacity. It is known as an organization that performs and executes its processes with high quality, recognized because of its operational safety and efficiency.
HUMANICEMOS DH is also known for its good practices and results, obtained through the continuous improvement of its management processes. Thanks to its financial, administrative, technical and operational consolidation, it is projected as a safe route for the economic and social reincorporation of a large number of its members, at a personal and collective level.
HUMANICEMOS DH’s policy is to strengthen relations with the actors of the sector, both nationally and internationally, building lasting strategic alliances.
HUMANICEMOS DH is a civil organization dedicated to the Integral Action Against Antipersonnel Mines – AICMA, which delivers products and services that meet the applicable requirements and the expectations of its stakeholders. Therefore, it is committed to the strengthening and expansion of its operational capacity, with a strict planning of its activities as a basis for optimizing resources and maximizing the scope of the results, strengthening the skills of its personnel and their sense of inclusion in society, the preservation and continuous improvement of its integral management system.
In this way, in addition to achieving the delivery of land free of suspicion of mines and communities sensitized with knowledge about safe behavior, it is also consolidated as a sustainable organization, which generates job opportunities for members of the community in the process of reincorporation into the social and economic life of the country.
HUMANICEMOS DH is a civil organization dedicated to the Integral Action Against Antipersonnel Mines – AICMA, which fosters life, the sustainability of the environment and is committed to the allocation of the necessary resources to guarantee the development and continuous improvement of the Integrated Management System, through the development and implementation of the Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management Programs; thus guaranteeing compliance with the applicable and current Colombian legislation in terms of health, safety and environment (HSE).
HUMANICEMOS DH Management assumes the responsibility of promoting a safe and healthy work environment, allocating the necessary human, physical and financial resources for integral HSE management. The programs developed in HUMANICEMOS DH will be aimed at the promotion of a preventive and self-care culture, the intervention of working conditions that may cause accidents or occupational diseases, the control of absenteeism and the preparation for emergencies. All employees, whether permanent or temporary staff, will have the responsibility of complying with the safety rules and procedures, in order to perform their activities in a safe and productive way. They will also be responsible for timely notification of all circumstances that may generate consequences and contingencies for the employees and the organization.
- Deliver land free of suspicion of mines for the enjoyment of peasant communities.
- Among the components of the Comprehensive Action Against Antipersonnel Mines – AICMA -, HUMANICEMOS DH will develop Education on Mining Risks -EMR- to contribute to behavioral changes and safe conduct regarding the threat of antipersonnel mines in the communities.
- Create jobs for members of the community in the process of reincorporation into the economic and social life of the country. Inclusion in the issue of gender and diversity for equal pay; equity to occupy the positions of high hierarchy and retain the balance that will allow us to meet the goal of having a 30% of female staff linked to HUMANICEMOS DH.
Make efforts to obtain the financial resources necessary for the sustainability of HUMANICEMOS DH.
Project transparency in financial transactions, in order to build trust and strengthen the legitimacy of HUMANICEMOS DH.
Ensure that resources are invested efficiently in accordance with the needs of HUMANICEMOS DH.
- Deliver land free of suspicion of Antipersonnel Mines – MAP – and Unexploded Munitions – MSE – to communities and stakeholders.
- Achieve operational capacity by executing the mission processes of Non-Technical Study – NCD – and Manual Clearing – DM – through training and accreditation of human teams for the development of activities.
- Implement the Plan for Education on Mine Risks – ERM – established by HUMANICEMOS DH and approved by the National Authority.
- Ensure for the National Authority to authorize the operational deployment of the organization, based on a continuous assignment of tasks.
- Build the Humanitarian Demining and ERM operation plans and present them to the National Authority for the deployment of a previously defined personnel, for the execution of the activities.
- Implement and execute the approved plan in accordance with the Approved Operational Procedures – AOP in a step by step.
- Deliver the products and results of the activities in the process of land demining and Education on Mine Risks to peasant communities, authorities, donors and other interested parties.
Establish and implement a comprehensive training plan for the personnel of HUMANICEMOS DH, which should allow them to grow at the personal and organizational level, through the acquisition of knowledge in a multidimensional perspective.
INCLUSION & EQUITY
HUMANICEMOS DH is unique in its kind, since it is made up of people in the process of economic and social reincorporation. At present, there are 113 people working in our organization, of which 82 are men and 31 are women (73% men and 27% women). Our goal is to reach 146 people by 2020, with a 30% women's participation.
Three Strategic Lines
Our strategic horizon is composed of these three lines, each of them with a transversal social, gender and territorial focus.